The Own Art scheme is designed to make it easy and affordable for you to buy original contemporary works of art.
You can borrow up to £2,500, or as little as £100, and pay back the loan in 10 monthly instalments – interest free. The loan amount can be a part-payment towards an item that costs more than £2,500. Alternatively, you can buy several lower value items at a time with a combined value of up to £2,500 or more.
To be eligible to apply for a loan you need to be:
– Over 18 years old
– A permanent UK resident
– In possession of a bank or building society account that can operate direct debit payments
– Meet one of the following employment statuses:
- Employed, working 16 hours minimum per week, on a permanent contract
- Self-employed working a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Retired person (this includes early retirement)
- A person on disability allowance, proof will be required
- Student nurse or doctor
- If unemployed and a “House Person” you will need the employment details of your cohabiting spouse or partner
You will also need to bring two proofs of identification with you:
– Proof of signature, such as a debit or credit card
– Proof of address, such as a bank statement, utility bill or driver’s licence
We’ll take you through the online application process, which normally takes about 10 minutes. Once you have given us all the information we need, you will get an instant decision. Once your application is approved you will need to electronically sign the agreement and then you can take your artwork home.
You can even apply online. Just email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the link to complete your online application from the comfort of your own home.
You will receive a welcome letter from Own Art’s finance partner Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance and following this your 10 monthly payments will be collected from your account by direct debit. This usually starts about four weeks after you’ve made your purchase.